Friday, June 23, 2006

Magawards TV

For those who weren't able to show up, booze and schmooze, the National Magazine Awards Foundation has now posted a web show that includes a video record of the awards night at the Carlu in Toronto on June 9. It's a welcome innovation, not least because it makes available a record of the host's best (and worst) jokes and the finalists and winners that goes beyond the terse paragraph of the news reports. What it provides is evidence of the outstanding work being done by magazines from one side of the country to another. And of the gracious and inspiring acceptance speech by Lifetime Achievement Award winner John Macfarlane.

UPDATE: Not quite so welcome: the number of misspellings, garblings and misattributions in the captions in the photo gallery that accompanies the site. I'm sure Ernest Hillen wonders who that guy is over his name. Jossage for Gossage? And since he went to the stage so many times, Antonio De Luca of The Walrus was surely known to them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite spelling my name and giving my magazine name, plus the names of the others in my photo, I am listed as "guest". Thanks a lot, especially since my ticket came out of pocket money.

As for the web show though, it's gorgeous and thanks NMAF for putting it up. I've already shared it with my whole team.

4:01 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home