Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Rona Maynard launches herself and her book
into the web world

Rona Maynard, who was editor of Chatelaine for 10 years (until 2004), has launched a spiffy new website that looks to be intended not only to promote a forthcoming book but to become a site of choice for women interested in their own stories.

The book, My Mother's Daughter, which is to be published September 8 by McClelland and Stewart, is a memoir of growing up as the daughter of the late Fredelle Maynard, a strong and...unusual woman who became well known in Canada as a freelance writer and commentator.
I’m lucky enough to have spent my career exchanging stories with women. At Chatelaine, where I spent a decade as Editor, I shared my defining moments in a monthly column. Thousands of readers identified. They taught me how much we have in common—and how much we have to learn from one another.
In addition to inviting comments from women, Maynard is writing a frequent "Letter from Rona" which, so far, ranges widely from the cats in her life to life transitions.

Maynard has been an editor and writer for more than 30 years, holding staff positions at Flare and Maclean's and she has written hundreds of articles for national publications, including Report on Business, Canadian Business and MORE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home