Friday, October 26, 2007

France Lefebvre resigns as editor-in-chief of Châtelaine after only 8 months

The editor of Châtelaine, the French counterpart to Chatelaine magazine, has left the job after only 8 months. France Lefebvre, left Transcontinental's coup de pouce (the French equivalent of Canadian Living) to be appointed editor-in-chief at the Rogers title just last February. She resigned recently, without any fanfare.

This means that both the English and French versions of this flagship of the Rogers women's division are without editors. Sara Angel resigned in July from Chatelaine after only 13 months in the editor's chair at what is Rogers most successful consumer magazine.

Both editors reported through Vice-president and Publisher Kerry Mitchell and Lise Ravary, the editorial director for women's publications.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when is Rogers going to finally get the drift... Kerry Mitchell is the kiss-of-death and is responsible for all the Chatelaine trainwrecking these last 2 years.

6:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if I will be asked to be editor of Chatelain. I am totally unqualified. I don't even work in the editorial side of the business, nor have I ever read Chatelain. But, after they go through every qualified editor in the business, I can see myself up for that job in about five months. They gotta hire someone, why not me?

10:39 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home