Thursday, May 29, 2008

Toronto Life launches city politics blog

Toronto Life is launching a blog today called City State by its regular Politics columnist Philip Preville. It will focus on Toronto City Hall, and key urban issues such as architecture, transit and cultural exploration. The new blog will join Spectator, the popular media blog run by Douglas Bell.
“Unremarkable, self-effacing competence is Toronto’s comfort zone,” Preville writes. “That’s why we call it Toronto the Good rather than Toronto the Great, or The City That Works instead of The City That Conquered Facebook While Screwing Around at Work (which would be more true, and also more ambitious). But it’s not my comfort zone. I know which path I want this city to take, and I intend to give it a crisp shove from behind with a shit-eating grin on my face.”
You can read the first post here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home