Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quote, unquote: On producing tangibility

'I suppose when the history of it all is written, the bankers will get the blame. My father was in the City (he chaired Lloyd's), but I never had any intention of following him. Over the last five years, I had an inflated sense of admiration for bankers - how clever they were to think about money in the abstract. I'm bad at that. Every month, we produce a show - that we fill with as many ads as we can - and then see how many copies we can sell in 31 days. We produce something tangible. whereas what the bankers do proved entirely ... intangible.'

-- Nicholas Coleridge, managing director of Conde Nast UK, quoted in Management Today about this, his third recession

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home