Monday, July 18, 2011

Alberta Magazine Publishers Assoc searching to replace executive director

[This post has been updated] It was a bit of a surprise to see on the weekend a posting for the position of executive director for the Alberta Magazine Publishers Association. Not only was Colleen Seto not returning in the fall, as expected after her maternity leave, but Andrew Mah, who had been acting ED, was not applying for the gig was asked to apply, but had other plans. Seto put up on the AMPA blog a post explaining in part her decision:
While the work at AMPA is never done, I feel like I've done all I needed to do to set the organization up for a long and successful future. Early on, I dealt with some dark financial times, which was important because it taught me to be frugal and creative about how to stretch a dollar. Now we are more fiscally secure than we've ever been. And, after seeing Andrew's hard work in my stead, I'm even more confident the good work AMPA does can and will carry on. Unfortunately, it won't be Andrew who will carry the torch moving forward (he has some exciting plans of his own!), but I'm sure we will find another capable and passionate individual to continue down this path.
 Posting for ED position

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home