Monday, April 15, 2013

New online magazine launched, called AmongMen

Ideon Media, which had previously launched 29Secrets.com, BabyPost.com and Nexopia.com is now launching a national online magazine for men called AmongMen.com. Based in Toronto, the magazine's site features the usual fare for men's magazines in print and online: style and grooming, food and travel, tech and cars, health and fitness, women and relationships and entertainment.
“I think that we've created a unique, online magazine for men that takes the type of content that you would normally find in the pages of a traditional glossy publication and brought it to the web,” says AmongMen’s editor-in-chief Christopher Turner.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jim said...

I'm confused. This blog, and AmongMen.com classifies this online product as an "online magazine". To me, AmongMen.com is simply a website, or an online media product, or an online property. Call it what you want - but to call this a "magazine", in my opinion, is wrong.

How is this a magazine? To me, an "online magazine" should contain pages (a digital edition) with design, layout, editorial, advertising, and so on. But, most importantly, it should be organized and presented as a magazine.

I'm not knocking AmongMen.com at all - I just don't understand how this website can be designated as a "magazine".

What am I missing?

12:08 pm  
Blogger D. B. Scott said...

You're not wrong; but the term magazine is being used in fairly elastic ways these days and web sites that carry magazine-type content are increasinglly being called -- and calling themselve -- magazines.

1:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused too. Regardless of what these guys call themselves, I don't know who would be interested in their "content," and who would want to advertize on their site. Best I can tell, it's yet another online compilation of celebrity news and generic service info -- just what's been missing on the net.

9:54 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home